Taiwanese food is very popular in Japan and you can eat Tapioca,Douhua(Tofu Pudding),luroufan etc. The number of shops has increased.
Luroufancontains minced meat, which can be replaced with soy meat for vegan eating.
But it’s difficult to eat Vegan Luroufan in Japan.
This time, I will introduce you to an authentic Vegan Luroufan recipe that you can easily make at home.
- I love Taiwanese food!
- I want to make vegan Luroufan easily!
- I like the scent of star anise!
- Half purple onion
- Half carrot
- 1 eggplant
- 1 yellow zucchini
- Green beans 120g
- 5 fresh shiitake mushrooms
- Soy meat 100g (minced type)
- 3 pieces of garlic
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 2 tsp vegetables
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp mirin(sweet sake)
- 2 tbsp red wine (or sake)
- 2 tbsp Chinese five spices.
- A little sesame oil
- A little salt
- Sansho(Japanese pepper), if you like
- Lettuce of your choice (side vegetables)
If you like Japanese pepper, please put it in.
The part with Japanese pepper becomes spicy and becomes a taste accent.
- Soak the soy meat back in hot water for about 10 minutes.
- Finely chop all the ingredients.
- Fry garlic in sesame oil.
- Add carrots and stir fry.
- Add onion and salt and stir fry.
- Add eggplant, zucchini, green beans, fresh shiitake mushrooms, grated ginger, vegetable soup, mirin, red wine, Japanese pepper and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add soy meat, soy sauce, and Chinese five spices and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Finally add a little sesame oil.
- Spread lettuce on a bowl and serve rice and Luroufan. (Rice is black rice)
- Chinese five spices are the main spices of taste.
- The scent of Chinese five spices and sesame oil is mixed to stimulate the appetite, making it the authentic flavor of Luroufan.
- Red wine is used for flavoring and coloring. You can use sake for cooking.
Chinese five spices
Chinese five spices is a representative mixed spice in China.
Cinnamon, Chinese pepper, Clove, Citrus reticulata peel, Star anise, Fennel, Nutmeg, a total of 5 or more spices.
It is often used in Chinese food and Indonesian food.
Similar to Shichimi in Japan and Garam Masala in India.
Chinese five spices contains star anise, so I think it’s a spice that you can like or dislike.
It has a unique sweet scent, and people who like it become addicted.
Because the following items can be used from a small amount, it is recommended for those who buy Chinese five spicesr for the first time.
And this Chinese five spices is an essential spice for Taiwanese food Luroufan.
By adding this, it will become a full-fledged Asian dish.
By all means, when making Luroufan, please try using Chinese five spices.